October 7, 2008

enjoying the journey....

i SO enjoyed this conference weekend. it seems to come at the perfect time of year when change is in air and you are looking for that uplifting thing to get you through the long winter months ahead. as we went through the weekend, i couldn't help but think how incredibly blessed we are. we live in such a beautiful place and have all of (well most of) our family and friends within a few miles. president monsons talk in the morning session on sunday was meant for me to hear. i tend to get ahead of myself with planning, schedules, wants etc. listening to our prophet challenge us to "enjoy the journey" touched my heart and uplifted me when i needed it most. so... i'm going to take the challenge and try to enjoy this journey that we are so blessed to be on and i hope you will do the same! 

2 comments:

Er Bear said...

What a cute post Shan! I am the biggest scheduler too... always looking forward to the next big event and crossing days off of my calendar, rather than enjoying the present or the journey! thanks for that! Sorry I never answered your text back... I was in the middle of tantrom central and then I forgot until now:)How are you guys? what is new?

danny & shante said...

Your my planning soul mate!!! I have the worst patience of anyone I know. Danny is always making fun of me for my endless lists and calendars. We are doing great. Danny just got a job at an Accounting firm in Sandy and we are looking at buying a home in Herriman. When are you coming to visit?