November 28, 2008
after our thanksgiving feast with my family at 3 and then the second with dannys at 6, I feel as though i'm ripping apart at the seams. i LOVE thanksgiving. i love the traditions, the food, the family, and the fact that its finally ok to be excited for christmas! we hope that everyone had a great day eating turkey and spending time with those you love! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
November 18, 2008
November 8, 2008
Yesterday was Danny's 24th birthday! Its crazy to think that I met him when I was 15 and he was 17. There are so many things that I love about him and I thought that to honor the 24th birthday, I would write down 24 reasons why I love him. Here it goes-
1. He can ALWAYS make me laugh. It doesn't matter how mad or irritated I am, he finds a way to make me smile.
2. He is such a hard worker. This applies to everything he does in life whether its his job, school, basketball, or any other thing he may have going on. He always gives it 110%
3. He is so friendly. He can talk to anyone and become friends with them.
4. He respects women. This is the first thing about Danny that I fell in love with. To this day I have never heard him speak unkindly of his mother, sisters, mother-in-law, and any other ladies out there.
5. He is such a giver. Even if he doesn't have what someone needs, he goes out of his way to find it. This includes driving around for an hour until I finally decide where I want to go to eat. ;0)
6. He is a great role model. I love seeing how my brothers look up to him and admire all that he does.
7. He has such great style! Some may call him "metro".... I would have to agree. He spends more time shopping for things than most girls. (I'm talking spending 25 minutes picking out body wash and deodorant) ;0)
8. He cares about his health and has always been active and tries to live a healthy lifestyle.
9. He is good at doing the Laundry. I'll be the first to admit that without him, all of my clothes would be faded, shrunk, never folded, bleach spots, etc. I hate laundry and love that he doesn't mind doing it.
10. He is my best friend. I can talk to him about anything and he always listens and has the best advice.
11. He is going to be the CUTEST dad someday. Kids flock to him. He isn't to old for games of hide and seek, Monopoly, Go-Fish, Ninja Turtles, Hannah Montana, tickle tortures... the list goes on. It melts my heart when he holds babies and takes the time to play with 3 year olds.
12. He is so smart. He will deny this til the day he dies but don't let him fool you. He will definitely be the one helping our kids with home work.
13. He is a great cook.
14. He sets high goals and doesn't stop until he accomplishes them. He knows what he wants in life and won't settle for less.
15. He has such a great Testimony of the church. It has strengthened me many times throughout our marriage and I feel so blessed to have a husband that has the same beliefs that I do.
16. He's got mad dance moves. But don't ask him to bust them out. They are for my eyes only. This goes along with reason #1 (Making me Laugh)
17. He looks incredibly sexy with a weeks worth of scruff on his face.
18. He can sing Celine Dion and Mariah Carey with the best of them.
19. He treats me like a princess even when I don't deserve to be treated like one.
20. He ALWAYS smells good. Seriously! I love it. When he was out of town for basketball I would switch my pillow with his because the smell never went away.
21. He supports me in everything I do. He has stood outside in the most extreme weather conditions (-10 degrees and 110 degrees) to watch me cross a finish line with a smile on his face. He believes in everything I do and encourages me to push myself to my limits.
22. He gets really embarrassed when I tell him how good looking he is.
23. He's a family man and loves to spend time with each of our families. He is super supportive of my brothers and his nieces and nephews. He would rather do things with them than with anyone else.
24. And last but not least... he is the greatest husband a girl could ever hope to find. Not a day goes by when I don't look at him and think of how lucky I am to have him. He has brought so much happiness to my life and given me so many wonderful experiences. He allows me to be who I am and has stood by me through thick and thin. He is so fun to be around and I love the little world we have created for ourselves. Thanks for being mine and thanks for being born! I love you babe and hope that you had a great birthday!
November 1, 2008
Ever heard the phrase when it rains it pours? In most cases this saying is associated with negative happenings in life. However, in the Reeder family, it has been a down pour of blessings. Its amazing how fast life can change and in a matter of a few hours, your are going down a different road that seems like its taken forever to get to. So first off, my cute husband finally landed a job after a couple months of searching. We are so excited! He graduated with a Bachelors of Accounting this summer and let me tell you, the job searching thing completely sucks! It felt like we were stuck in this awkward phase of life and that nothing was ever going to happen. Then he got the call... He is now a Tax Accountant at Larsen & Rosenberger, a firm located in Sandy where he seems to fit in quite well and is now filling his time with numbers and tax returns instead of Xbox, Family Guy, and laundry. This is such a relief and we are so thankful to be taking the next step. Being the blogger I am, I just had to take a picture of his first day of work for all of you to see! (He's going to kill me for this!)
Isn't he SO cute? So if anyone out there needs their taxes done come January, you know who to call! Now onto the second set of good news. As most of you know we have been dwelling in the lovely basement of Dannys parents house for the majority of our marriage. This in its self has been such a blessing for us. If you have to live with in-laws, mine are the ones to live with. I have grown so much closer to my mother and father in-law and feel so grateful for their generosity. I'm not sure what we would have done with out them. So what I'm about to say is bitter-sweet.... we BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! We are so excited and have fallen completely in love with our little cottage in Holladay. We don't move in for 6 more weeks but I'm sure I'll be able to fill up that time with shopping for furniture, getting paint samples, and dreaming of what I'm going to do with each room. I don't have any pictures yet but I'll be sure and put some up asap.