November 1, 2008

changes...

Ever heard the phrase when it rains it pours? In most cases this saying is associated with negative happenings in life. However, in the Reeder family, it has been a down pour of blessings. Its amazing how fast life can change and in a matter of a few hours, your are going down a different road that seems like its taken forever to get to. So first off, my cute husband finally landed a job after a couple months of searching. We are so excited! He graduated with a Bachelors of Accounting this summer and let me tell you, the job searching thing completely sucks! It felt like we were stuck in this awkward phase of life and that nothing was ever going to happen. Then he got the call... He is now a Tax Accountant at Larsen & Rosenberger, a firm located in Sandy where he seems to fit in quite well and is now filling his time with numbers and tax returns instead of Xbox, Family Guy, and laundry. This is such a relief and we are so thankful to be taking the next step. Being the blogger I am, I just had to take a picture of his first day of work for all of you to see! (He's going to kill me for this!) 
Isn't he SO cute? So if anyone out there needs their taxes done come January, you know who to call! Now onto the second set of good news. As most of you know we have been dwelling in the lovely basement of Dannys parents house for the majority of our marriage. This in its self has been such a blessing for us. If you have to live with in-laws, mine are the ones to live with. I have grown so much closer to my mother and father in-law and feel so grateful for their generosity. I'm not sure what we would have done with out them. So what I'm about to say is bitter-sweet.... we BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! We are so excited and have fallen completely in love with our little cottage in Holladay. We don't move in for 6 more weeks but I'm sure I'll be able to fill up that time with shopping for furniture, getting paint samples, and dreaming of what I'm going to do with each room. I don't have any pictures yet but I'll be sure and put some up asap. 

7 comments:

Mariah said...

Congratulations you two, for Danny’s new job and for the purchase of your new home! I can’t wait to see pictures.

Heather said...

Congrats! That is really exciting! Looks like you have good times ahead.

Anonymous said...

did someone say blumpkin!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That is so exciting! Congrats! You guys deserve it!

Sharletha and Tony said...

That is awesome!! I am excited for you guys.

Kelsey Bendixen said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys, it seems like everything is going perfect for you two! I can't wait to see this cute house!

Geoff & Jill said...

Congrats! Geoff and I are both glad everything is working out. Hey- I dont know if you got my other comment, but we need some more people for the Wasatch Back...do you want to be on our team? Let me know - it would be so much fun!