August 23, 2009

hobble creek half & a morning in millcreek

on saturday my friend and i woke up at the crack of dawn to participate in the HOBBLE CREEK HALF MARATHON. some people say that runners are crazy. some people say that runners have no life. and some people even say that running is a waste of time. well... those people have never run before. there is nothing like crossing that finish line knowing that all the hard work and dedication you put into the weeks and months prior finally paid off. running is not easy and its not painless. but its definitely worth it. thanks for being my running buddy amy and for putting up with the early mornings and late nights. and a shout out to the best hubbie in the world. for being there, like always, smiling at me as i cross the finish line.


one of the perks about living in the salt lake area is being so close to so many canyons. on sunday morning we met up with the entire Hammond family to celebrate my super fit, super fun grandmas birthday. the weather was perfect, the company and conversation even better, and the breakfast delicious as always.



grandma and all of her grand-daughters


the whole Hammond crew all together


we love you guys and it was so great to see everyone. happy birthday grandma. you are so fun to be around and you just get better with age.

5 comments:

Heather said...

WAY TO GO Shante and Amy!!! I'm so proud of you girls. You guys made great time! Wish I could've been there.... but we have Moab to look forward too! Love ya ;)

Heather said...

PS.. I love the pic of you kissing Danny's cheek. So cute.

aimee said...

I see how it works, out with the old aimee in with the new amy :)
I'm proud of you!
Little bro---your looking pretty handsome, not that you need to be told.

Anonymous said...

Go Shan! I'm impressed! I definitley don't think that looks easy. Are you going to do wasatch back this next year? Good job finishing a half marathon, that's awesome!

Kelsey Bendixen said...

Your amazing! I can't imagine ever running a half marathon. I need to get my butt in gear and start running or something and maybe it will happen someday. Looks fun :)