July 18, 2011

i remember...

as you can see by the little gadget to the left today is supposed to be "the day".
you know, the day that this baby who's been making himself much to comfortable in my womb was going to make his grand entrance?
i have a feeling it will come and go with out seeing any action. boo.

as i've been getting everything ready over the past few weeks for the little guys debut, i've found myself looking back over the last 9 months and remembering how life used to be. i know that as soon as this baby joins our family, daniel and i's life will take a giant turn into unchartered territory. am i ready for it? i think so. am i scared? you bet! could i be any more excited? probably not.

so here are a list of just a few memories. most of which i am very eager to forget.

i remember when i could clean my house without sweating like a pig and feeling like my heart was going to burst out of my chest.

i remember when i could run for 2 plus hours and feel great. now... well lets just say a walk around the block is a struggle.

i remember when i could get ready for the day really fast and now it takes me FOREVER because i have to stop to take breaks because i'm so tired. oh ya- and sweating like a pig.

i remember when my hands and feet looked "normal" and not like they'd been stung by a million bees.

i remember when i only slept with one pillow and now i sleep with four.

i remember when our little "she" turned into a "he" and i cried for two days. true story.

i remember when i could control my emotions, well sort of.

i remember when my clothes fit. this one is just depressing.

i remember when i could drink a glass of water and not have to run to the bathroom within minutes of finishing it.

i remember when i didn't have to recline the seat in my car just so i could drive "comfortably".

i remember when i didn't have to stuff my feet into almost every pair of shoes i own. flip flops have become my best friend.

i remember being hungry, eating something that sounded good, and being content with it.

i remember wanting this moment from the time i was a little girl.

i remember thinking that july 18th seemed SO far away and now its here.

i remember when this was just my dream and now its becoming my reality.


get here soon baby. your mother is so anxious to meet you and excited to make many more "remember when" moments with you.




6 comments:

Mrs. Micek said...

You are so cute Shan! You almost made me cry with your sweet post (I'm sure the hormones had a little something to do with that...)
I can't believe it's already your due date! How exciting!! You only have a short amount of time before that little man is in your life forever! I am so incredibly excited for you and this great adventure your about to take!! Your going to be such a wonderful mama...
Soon enough he'll be here and you wont even remember all the bad things about being pregnant... :)

Kaitlin Norton said...

Yay!! I can't believe it's "The Day" I am so excited for you! He is going to be such a cute lil guy!!! :)

Camie and JD said...

Very sweet! I hope it happens fast for ya! Good luck!

Kelsey Bendixen said...

Such a sweet post! I was thinking about you today. I was at imc thinking hmmm that'd be sweet if I got a text saying beckham was here and I could go meet him! Good luck the next fee days :] the end is almost here yay!

Heather said...

I can't believe it's finally here!! I can't WAIT to meet your little man and to see what he looks like! Keep us posted! Love you lots.

McKall said...

Such a cute post. You guys are going to be the eat parents and I'm so excited for him to get here! Hang in there, your doing great and he'll be here so soon!! Love you!