May 10, 2011

babymoon

this past weekend we took a little vacation for some much needed sunshine and r&r before the little man joins us. we took off thursday after work and came home monday afternoon. it was the perfect weekend with my baby daddy. we went down with no agenda. no plans. no nothing. just the way i think a vacation should be. our days were spent sleeping in and soaking up the warmth. its been quite a while since the two of us got away together and its just what we needed. its the best to leave work and all the worries of home behind you for a few days to just laugh and enjoy each other. it felt like we were 16 again and i loved every second!
we fit in a game of golf for daniel and a game of mini golf for me, hanging out by the pool, shopping, a day trip to vegas, the BODIES exhibit, good food, and my favorite...
watching movies and eating ice cream in bed at night.
oh wait! i forgot to mention the BEST part! a night in the hospital for me! for a brief moment, we thought we may be having our baby in good ol' St. George. while dominating daniel in mini golf, i started to have contractions that were coming on pretty strong. i was feeling the urge to push and a good amount of fluid decided to creep out and soak my pants. this led us to believe that my water had broken and so we called my dr back home in a panic. he told us to go to labor and delivery to get checked out. after a few hours of monitoring me and the babe, some not so fun tests that i will spare you the details, we were given the go ahead to go on home with dr's orders to take it easy for the next few days. it was quite the night and very surreal to think that we will be back again very shortly. only next time we will be leaving with a baby!
and for your enjoyment- here i am in all my 31 weeks pregnant glory. time seems to be going by so fast and its hard to believe we will soon be parents. life here is good and we are anxiously awaiting this little boys arrival.

11 comments:

Jami & James said...

goodness girl! can I see you soon?!

Kelsey Bendixen said...

Wow that's scary! You better take it easy now. . . :)

Er Bear said...

Look how hot you look in that little tank and short shorts:)! You are darling! I really am needing one of these mini vacas!! sounds like fun... except for the hospital visit, those are never fun unless youre really having the baby!!

McKall said...

Looks like you had so much fun, we're so bummed we couldn't come but i'm glad you two got some alone time before baby beckham. You look so darling!!!

Camie and JD said...

How scary! The same thing happened to me! So grateful all is well. Looking good!

Kaitlin Norton said...

Oh No!! Glad he didnt come though. How freakin cute is your little belly though :) Hope you found a Sno Shack!

Jamey and Michelle said...

LOVE the pictures. Especially the one with you in the hospital bed. Just lovin on that drink. I laughed out loud. Can't wait to play tomorrow!

Heather said...

Holy freak! I can't believe that happened! Totally sounds like labor but I'm glad it wasn't. 31 weeks is too early. You look adorable and I miss you tons! I'm glad you were able to get away with Danny for a weekend! When the heck is your baby shower??

Jamey and Michelle said...

You look SO ADORABLE!! I love your baby bump. The other night was a blast Jamey and I want to do another night soon!

Unknown said...

Hi Shante! This is Emma! I can't wait to so you and Daniel and the new baby! Any names? You look super cute! Love you!

McCall Lauren said...

I dont know you guys, but I came across your blog after reading some of my friends blogs. Im glad you are doing ok I just had my baby a few weeks ago at 31 weeks. Its much easier on a family for babies to stay in their mommas. I hope you and your baby stay healthy.