July 7, 2008

happy (?) fourth of july

So some of you may be asking why there is a question mark after the word "happy". Well, here it goes. The holiday weekend started out looking great. We had big plans to go boating and camping with my family. However, my little brother Cale had a baseball tournament and so we decided to just go boating. They played on the 4th and lost by one run so we packed up the boat and headed to Utah Lake. After taking the wrong exit (thanks to me), and hour later we arrived at the marina. We launched the boat excited to enjoy the warm weather. One problem... the boat wouldn't start. We tried to jump it but had no luck so we packed up and headed to the gas station for some beverages. As we pulled into the driveway, my dad came to the realization that he had lost his Blackberry so... he drove back to Lehi only to find out that it was no where to be found. Bummer! Then as we climbed onto my parents roof to watch the fire works we discovered that the neighborhood trees had grown just a tad too high to see ANY fire works. After that we decided we were going to turn the night around and make the best of a less than perfect day. We played night games and had a few laughs at my mom who thought she was pretty funny with her "disguise", and also at Braden who fell out of the tree he was hiding in. Although the actual 4th was a bust we had a wonderful remainder of the weekend. Danny and I went golfing at South Mountain Golf Course, we went on a mountain bike ride on the beautiful Clarks Trail, and managed to get the boat up and running for Sunday. This weekend was all about making memories. I believe we succeeded!














2 comments:

Mackenzi said...

That sounds like boating with my family! haha. I swear every year we have something like that happen, where the boat won't start or we get lost or forget something very important, etc. I'm glad the rest of your weekend was good :)

Er Bear said...

ha!! That totally sounds like something that would happen to us! I think I get way too excited for things or something because they never turn out as good as I would have hoped! If it makes you feel any better, our car broke down on the 4th and we were stuck home doing nothing!!